Friday, February 3, 2012

movies, nursey rhymes and my life

As I hear the kids laugh, yell, argue, and dogs tromp, trip and bark, teenager sneaking in late, having indoor water and food fights (yesterday was ice cream).
I look at my life as a series as many different movies and nursery rhymes such as: Yours Mine and Ours; Cheaper by the Dozen; a little of Beethoven; old mother Hubbard, the old women that lived in a shoe. But just like the happy ending in all these movies and things turn out OK in the nursery rhymes.......we get MIRACLES!


Yours Mine and Ours well first I am like a laid back hippy and my husband would love to have order and  rule the house!! Half the kids are like me and half are like him. Since we are out numbered 2 of us and 9 of them they keep us spinning in circles, i think to try to confuse us and yes they TRY to pit us against each other. The MIRACLE is......we have one of the most dysfunctional, unorganized, cheap, but happy, full of life the childhood type fun i hope my children dreamed of. Thank You Lord For my Family and all the Fun and memory's that will keep us a strong family team! 
Cheaper by the dozen: Well as you can image life summed up in one word CRAZINESS. but i love it and would not change it anything......even though i have my days I throw up my hands and call it a day and thank God that tomorrow will be a new day and today will be a memory. The MIRACLE is..........even during the tough days God gave me a mate to run the race with me, to tag team with me when i need to call it a day! God is faithful everyday to pour into me strength i never knew i had and patience when i need it. I am a lucky girl to be able to sit and listen to laughter of my children, screams and singing. THAT'S A MIRACLE.
Beethoven: Well has been recently with all our extra dogs. I love them but they are a menace. I am finding chewed on potatoes from my pantry, they got into the big bag of dog food. Destroys my trash can  whenever i forget to lock it up, LOL. Awww the life. But now i have to figure out how to help our new turtle Homie. He came with a cracked shell so i have to figure out how the fix him,,,,,
 The little old Lady who lived in a shoe who had so many children she didn't know what to do......there is a MIRACLE in this statement, LOL.  I don't know always what to do, but that is the beautiful MIRACLE. I have to lean fully on God how to parent all these children, each one is totally different and needs to be dwelt with differently. Thank God he made me adaptable. Our parenting skills are ever changing and evolving (depending on the chaos at hand). Through those always changing moments with my kids God is changing me. Helping me grow and flourish in his warmth and light.......Haha i wish it was like that. I grow alright but threw lots of humbling moments, and miss steps and disobedience. I like to think god just looks at me and shakes his head saying "girl you will get it one day, but that's why i love you".
Old Mother Hubbard who went to her cupboard to find that is was bare: Well lets get on thing straight I am not OLD. But if you came to my house right now i do have bare cupboards. It is allot to keep these kids fed, ugghh, and they are only going to get bigger, which means more hungry, more food the never ending cycle... But the MIRACLE is: God always provides. more times than i can count friends people will call letting me know they got extra food they don't need or cleaning out cupboards and wondered if we wanted food they won't use. YES YES YES. God provides. Down to the littlest thing such as syrup and ketcup. My Son loves both and of course were out of both so we prayed and asked for Jesus for syrup and ketchup. He did! Someone dropped off a bag that they got extra of and in there was 3 bottles of ketchup and 2 bottles of syrup. Not just any syrup but apple syrup and berry. To this day my son always says that Jesus has the best syrup's.




Lord, I love the ever changing and fun dynamics of my Family, thank for your protection and faithfulness in the small stuff like syrup and ketchup.





No comments:

Post a Comment