Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Blog

      Well this is my first blog posting Whooohoo! Well a little history, my husband and I have been married for 11 years. We have 2 homegrown children and 5 adopted children and 1 in the process of adopting. Ages range from the oldest 17 years down to the youngest a set of 3 year old twins, and every age in between. We feel that there is always room for more. (we are a little crazy) Its hard, rewarding, always learning, and like EVERY family we have our challenges.
      
      The idea for my title "My American orphanage"  came to me one day when I was reflecting on where I once was and where I am now. I NEVER wanted to get married or have any children of my own. I went to Guatemala as a missionary with the organization YWAM (youth with a mission) and loved  on the street kids, the kids that lived at the dump, orphans, sick babies...I wanted my OWN orphanage. Through a long journey (which with my flashbacks) you will understand how I got here. But reflecting that day I had a revelation I have it, My Orphanage, Sorta. God has given me sick babies, street kids, an orphan. But OH NO the blessings did not stop there he gave me 2 children (biologically) to expand my love in such away I never knew was possible. I now understand that such a love is possible. And with every child I take into my arms I know that there is a mother out there somewhere with a broken heart. Don't get me wrong I am not giving any excuses for abuse,neglect, etc....... but they are the mothers of my children and through ALL the pain they may have caused......They loved them enough to let them go.....
Not easy!
And Last but not least is my husband, patient, provider, loving, logical, funny, always makes me feel like I am the only one in the room, and I LOVE it. He knew I was crazy when he met me. And he knew I never wanted to marry or have any children. Yet he still was there. He spoils me and (don't tell him but he really cant say no to me).
I love him, again God blessed me with someone to teach me unconditional LOVE. I can push and push but he still stands, and only sees me. God showed me that kind of love WAS possible.  As you probably can tell I love God but struggle with his love for me! God is amazing though and Gracious. I am so Thankful that he LOVES me.

No comments:

Post a Comment